Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reborn Dolls?

     I saw this on Dr. Phil and couldn't believe it. I further researched it by Googling it and found the following website; www.allreborndolls.com  It really just gives me the creeps. Grown women are "'adopting" and "creating" these dolls and spending endless hours throughout the day "taking care" of them. It's really very odd...they dress them up, change their diapers, feed them...have emotional attachments to them. I don't know, it all pretty much creeps me out. If that wasn't bad enough, then I found out that they "breathe" and have heartbeats. And not to mention...the name itself; REBORN DOLLS. It's like the lady on the video says...very cultish! Is this not totally weird?  I guess I can understand getting older in life and the need or want to still provide care for young children...but why not become a nursery worker at your church? or become a foster parent? or adopt?  There are so many options that don't include these people looking like they should be locked up in the looney bin. *sighs*  Very strange, indeed. 
    An odd post, I know. But I just had to write about it. It's an interesting topic, to say the least. 



No comments:

Post a Comment