Friday, January 7, 2011

Appointment Update

     Yesterday I went for my 27 week appointment and it went wonderful. I'm still waiting to hear back on the results of my glucose test, so I'm praying that comes back with good results. My doctor, Dr. Clapp, is amazing!!! If any of you still need an OB/GYN, she is the perfect person for the job...she is so sweet and caring and you can tell she truly cares for her patients. 
     The nurse weighed me and I was shocked...I had gained a lot less than I had thought I did. The Dr. came in and reviewed my chart with me and said I had only gained 6 pounds in 27 weeks....HECK YES! She even asked me if I was becoming "the regular health nut". I said, yes, I actually was...I can' t stand eating fatty or greasy food and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE working out. She just smiled and said I was the "perfect patient". Because I'm doing so well I don't have to start coming every 2 weeks, but can wait another month for my next appointment. Sooooo, I go back February 2nd for my 31 week....ahhhh, the joys of pregnancy. 
     Oh, and I have been so excited about one of our insurance's incentives programs. I enrolled in the Future Mom's Program which is amazing. While enrolled, you do an initial over the phone "interview" and then again at 28 weeks. They send you a book, a ton of coupons for different "pregnancy related items" and the best part of it all???!!?!.....we get our hospital deductible waived. The only other thing I have to do is have my teeth cleaned at some point during my pregnancy (which I am going for on February 1st) and then bam...no DEDUCTIBLE!!! So yeah, we are feeling very blessed and I can't believe the ways God is working in our lives. Well, it's off of here for now. We are heading to a friend's house for a play date! *grin*  

No comments:

Post a Comment