Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back Home, Safe and Sound

     We had an awesome time in Richmond today but I am pretty happy to be home. There's nothing like driving back into Salem after being gone for a while...a feeling I can't quite put into words. Caleb performed magic this morning and then we headed out to grab some lunch...and guess where it was?!?!?!  We love the show, Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel so we decided to look up where he had eaten at for his trip to Richmond. We found this awesome BBQ joint and decided to eat there. It was pretty awesome visiting a place we had only seen on TV...plus, the food was AMAZING. I'm already having a craving for it, lol. After that, we headed up to the Capitol and looked around there for a while...it was a really nice part of town. Our final stop was the Science Museum of Richmond, which we both loved. Compared to Roanoke's Science Museum....well, let's just say it didn't compare. The one is Richmond was huge and filled with awesome exhibits...I actually felt like I learned a few things. :-)  And that always makes me happy.
     I'm waiting on my friend Becca to bring Noah back home. It sounds like he had an awesome time today playing with his friends...it's great to know I have someone so trustworthy I can leave him with. *grin* Many people aren't blessed in this way. I did miss him like ca-razy though, lol...it will be nice to get some Noah snuggles soon! :-)  Well, I'm off to clean some stuff up before he gets home and then it's off to bed early. Ohhhhh, speaking of that, I completely forgot to brag on Noah Bug. This was his 3rd night in a row without a bottle, BUT, last night was different. It was the first time he has slept through an entire night, without a bottle, without waking up. I couldn't believe it....but I'm definitely looking forward to this new milestone. It means uninterrupted sleep (even if it's just until Haleigh gets here) and that thought alone keeps a smile on my face. I hope everyone has had a wonderful and blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment