Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Everything I Need"

    "You are strength in my weakness!"
    I woke up this morning feeling totally crummy; basically overwhelmed by the tasks of motherhood and another attack from my lovely hormones. :-)  I sat in my car in front of the Y this morning crying for probably 15 minutes...doing my best to not break from all the pressure. I went in, worked out, had an amazing, uplifting talk with my best friend, Becca...(thanks for that, btw...you TOTALLY get me, and that alone raises my spirits) and headed home. On my way back, I noticed Noah Bug was falling asleep in his car seat so I knew I had some extra time on my hands...that he wouldn't be cranky or fussy since he would be sleeping...so I headed up to Starbucks and treated myself to a vanilla latte and some banana walnut bread; YUMMY! :-)  On my drive back home I turned on Spirit FM (our local Christian radio station) and heard the song "Everything I Need" by Kutless. Although I had heard the song before, I guess I had never really paid close attention to the lyrics...but it said everything I needed to hear. God spoke to me through the words and I can't explain the sense of calmness and peace that surrounded me in that moment. I know I say this often, but God is good. He was there for me this morning in my time of need, as He is always there; watching over me and guiding me through this life. Praise be to God!



 






No comments:

Post a Comment