Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bladder Infection and Bed Rest

     So, I woke up this morning with horrible pelvic pain (tmi, I know) and lower back pain. As the day progressed it got worse, and by about 4:00 this evening, I was unable to walk. The pain was just so severe so I called the on-call doctor who told me it sounded like a severe bladder infection. He called me in some antibiotics which I went ahead and started. BUT, he also told me not to lift anything heavy and to stay off my feet tomorrow. He is concerned that the bladder infection could cause pre-term labor and wants the antibiotic to have time to get into my system...soooo, for the next 24-48 hours, that means bed rest. UGH. How does he expect me to do this with an 11 month old to chase after?  *sighs*   Anyways, apparently he thinks my bladder is inflamed and the position of the baby could be pushing against the already infected area, which is the reason he gave for "being too painful to walk."  
    Apparently there are many side effects this severe of a bladder infection could cause, so I'm thankful he started me on an antibiotic. Anything I can do to protect Haleigh, I will. (http://www.remedy-bladder-infection.com/pregnancy.html) Please say a prayer for me and little girl in my belly...that the Lord will heal me of this and keep her healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment