Monday, January 10, 2011

Sugar High!

   I got the results back from my glucose test and turns out my levels were elevated. What does this mean for me?  I get to go back on Friday for a 3 hour test, in which they take my blood (and urine samples) five times during the test. I am not a fan of needles, but 5 times in 3 hours is just really going to suck. :-(  I'm praying that everything turns out for the best and I'm really praying I don't have gestational diabetes. There are just so many health risks for the baby and I can't stand the thought of that.
     What really gets to me is that I didn't care about gaining weight at all with Noah Bug...I counted my pregnancy as a license to eat whatever I wanted....BAD IDEA. The 45 pounds I gained was terrible for me (as was my lack of care to exercise)...but even after all of that I didn't have elevated levels on my first glucose test. Now, with this pregnancy, I watch what I eat, I exercise EVERY DAY, and I have only gained 6 pounds. If I have gestational diabetes this is going to be one of the most bizarre things I could imagine...but, so it goes. This is in the Lord's hands and I know His will be done. Even when we don't understand His reasons for things, each one is perfect...we just have to trust and obey!  :-)  But, if you wouldn't mind, please say a prayer for me and Haleigh...that this test will be negative and Haleigh will continue to be healthy. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much...I really appreciate the prayer support. :-) And the fact that your FB posts almost always make me smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete